Reconnective healing, energy healing, and healing through Reiki has become highly popular. These types of alternative healing are said to help individuals have a better physical well-being by clearing or smoothing out a person’s energy field. But what is this energy field they are talking about? How does this affect your body?
Energy Field Explained
An energy field, also called an aura, is the force of energy found outside your physical formsurrounding you.Each person has their own aura and they differ in shape and colour. Some have colourful auras that are well defined, while some have dull auras with spiky or fuzzy edges. The size of the aura is also different which each person and it changes from time to time. It expands or tightens up depending on a person’s current emotion, mood or life experience.
The aura is said to have many different chakras which are energy centres. They play an important role in the physical, emotional and mental health of a person. These chakras are said to connect the hormones, nerves and emotion.
There are 7 major chakras found in the human energy field and each of these has a direct correlation to a person’s physical body.
7 Chakras and their Physical Correlation
The 7 major chakras found in each person’s aura are represented by different colours and are connected to different physical body parts.
- Base or Root Chakra – This is represented by the colour red. This is located at the base of the spine and physically relates to the legs, feet, bones, kidneys, intestine and rectum.If this chakra is imbalanced it can lead to constipation, arthritis, weight gain, spinal tension, knee problems and insecurity.
- Sacral Chakra – It is represented by the colour orange and relates to the sexual organs and the reproductive system. This chakra is located below the navel and its imbalance leads to sexual problems, jealousy, anger and allergies.
- Solar Plexus – Represented by the colour yellow, it is related to the muscles, nerves, liver, stomach and digestive system. It is located right above the navel. Its imbalance leads to ulcer, diabetes, fear and lack of confidence.
- Heart Chakra – It is located at the middle of the chest area and is represented by the colour green. It relates to the lungs, respiratory system, arms and hands. If imbalanced may lead to high blood pressure, heart problems and being emotionally unstable.
- Throat Chakra – It is represented by the colour blue and is located at the throat. It relates to the throat, neck, thyroid glands and arms. If this chakra is imbalanced it may lead to communication issues and physical problems with the throat, neck and ear.
- Brow or Third Eye Chakra –Represented by the colour indigo, it is located between the eyebrows. It physically relates to the lower brain, left eye, nose and nervous system. If imbalanced it may lead to eye problems, headaches, unpleasant dreams, lack of concentration and detachment.
- Crown Chakra – This is represented by the colour violet. This chakra controls the whole being and is located above the head. It relates to the upper brain and right eye. If imbalanced may lead to migraines, depression, being confused and uninspired.
How it Affects the Body
A person’s energy and life force flows through the chakras. If the chakra is blocked, the life force can’t flow freely and this will then manifest physically. When the chakra’s energy flow is disturbed, the person’s health, mind, spirit and emotion are also disturbed. Chakras because they are interconnected, need to flow freely without blockages. The overall health of a person would depend on the chakras functioning properly. Just like the physical body where it needs all of its organs to function properly, the chakras’ energy system need to have all of its chakras working correctly.
One reason why chakras become blocked or disturbed is due to unprocessed, unresolved and unreleased emotions. These may be pent up emotions such as anger, resentment, fear or guilt. So what you don’t deal with emotionally, you’ll have to deal with physically.
For your energy system to function well, you’ll need to clear the blockages in your chakra. One effective method is through Reiki healing. A person’s energy field may be positively influenced through this type of energy healing. Other methods people follow are acupuncture, yoga, qi gong and Tai chi. These methods clear out the blockage of a chakra and help the person achieve emotional balance.Once you have emotional balance and your energy field is free-flowing, you not only have a healthy emotional self, you also maintain a healthy mental and physical self.
Your energy field may not be something youevidently see, like your physical body, but it is just as important. If you wish to have an overall healthy self, your physical body is not the only thing that you should take care of. You also need to take care of your energy field.
Article Credit: ReikiHealingSydney.com